In addition to traditional Niigata souvenirs such as soba, Koshihikari rice, and Sasa Dango (dumplings wrapped in bamboo grass), this shop offers a variety of local specialties too, such as fabric crafts produced in Tokamachi. Also here is a "farm products section" selling local fresh and processed agricultural products as well as a "liquor section" offering a wide selection of sake, mainly local sake brewed in the Tokamachi area.
High overhead, a "happiness-bringing umbrella with hanging dolls" hangs from the ceiling. This is one of three major sets of hanging dolls in the snow country of Echigo and certified by Guinness World Records as the exhibition with the largest number of hand-made stuffed dolls, an incredible 11,655, in fact! Come visit and enjoy the overwhelm scale!
Introduction of each Corner
- Hegi soba and other various local noodles from Tokamachi
- Various local sake from Tokamachi and other areas in Niigata
Breads from "Konafu," a bread & baked sweet studio
* Sold only on Saturdays and Sundays in the cafe corner.
* Not available in winter (to mid March)
- Niigata's distinctive food and drink such as Yukishita Ninjin (carrots under the snow)
- Soy sauce, miso, and pickles from Tokamachi
- Local sweets ideal as souvenirs
- Delicious Uonuma Koshihikari rice (produced in Tokamachi City)
- Fresh local vegetables from Tokamachi
- Fabric crafts from Tokamachi
|Website||Online Shop Cross-ten Tokamachi http://cross10-shop.net/|
|Address||Cross10 1F, 71-26, 6-1 Honcho, Tokamachi City, Niigata Prefecture 948-0003|
|Hours open||9:00 to 18:00 (to 17:30 in winter from November to March)|
|Closed||2nd Wednesday every month (except in August; also closed Dec 31)|